Beyond the Blast Door Tour
On the Beyond the Blast Door Tour, you’ll explore areas of the missile site normally closed to the public.
See where the crews ate and slept and then descend more than 100 feet underground and enter the launch duct. Experience a view you’ll never forget as you stand directly beneath an actual Titan II missile!
This tour is offered on the first and third Saturdays of every month at 9:30 AM. It lasts approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes, and also includes a visit to the underground launch control center where you’ll experience a simulated launch of the missile.
1st & 3rd Saturday mornings of each month.
• 9:30 AM
Check in at Admissions no later than 9:15 AM or your reservation may be canceled.
Beyond the Blast Door Tour Map
Reservations and non-refundable prepayment are required.
Requirements and Additional Information
Beyond the Blast Door Tour
For your safety, and for preservation purposes, there are some rules that visitors must follow.
- Tours are limited to 25 visitors per tour.
- Strollers, backpacks and other large bags/purses are prohibited on all tours and must be left in your vehicle. The museum does not provide storage for these items.
- For our family visitors with young children, one adult chaperon is required for every 2 children in your group who is 5 years old or younger. Baby “backpacks” and back slings cannot be used – babies and children must be carried in front. While on the tour, children who are old enough to walk but who are 5 years old or younger must hold the hand of an adult.
- Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must use the elevator. You can reserve the elevator in advance. See the link to the Accessibility page below.
- Weapons are prohibited on all tours. Secure storage is available if you are traveling with a weapon.
- Food and beverages, except bottled water, are prohibited on the tours. Glass bottles and water with additives that include any food coloring are prohibited in the museum building and on the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside museum buildings or while on the tour. A smoking area is provided outside the museum.
- Walking shoes are required (no heels or flip flops please).
- The underground portion of the missile site is accessed by a flight of 55 steps in the Access Portal. An elevator is also available for visitors who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. Space on the elevator is limited, so please plan ahead. See the Accessibility page for more information.
- Visitors accompanied by a service animal must use the elevator.
- Children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-commercial photography and video recording are permitted, although flash photography is prohibited. Commercial photography is not allowed without written permission. To arrange a commercial photo or video recording session, please contact the Museum Director at [email protected].
- The use of selfie sticks and tripods is prohibited throughout the museum and missile site.
- Animals, except for Service Animals, are not allowed in the museum buildings or on the missile site. If you are traveling with your pet, please see the Planning A Visit page.
For more information call (520) 625-7736 or send an email to [email protected]