Your Introduction to America’s Largest Land-Based Missile
On this tour, you’ll descend 35 feet into the underground missile complex. You’ll visit the launch control center and experience a simulated launch of the missile. Then you’ll journey down the cableway to level 2 of the missile silo to get an up-close look at the Titan II missile itself. Finally, you’ll stand on top of the launch duct and look down on the Titan II missile from above.
Requirements and Additional Information
One-Hour Guided Tours
The following visitors are limited to the site’s surface level
- People with a mobility impairment that prevents them from being able to descend and ascend 55 stair steps
- People who use a wheelchair
- People who use a walker
- People who use a cane, crutches or walking stick
- People who are afraid of heights (the stairs are metal grates and you can see through them)
- People who have a service animal that is unable to climb metal grate stairs
- Parties with children who are 4 years old or younger
- Parties with a child of any age who is unable to use the stairs independently
Requirements and Accessibility
The Titan Missile Museum is an ADA compliant facility. Handicapped parking is available and all restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
For the daily one-hour guided tours, guests are required to ascend and descend 55 stair steps. Visits made by guests unable to use the stairs will be limited to the surface portion of the site
Small children and service animals must be able to use the stairs independently in order to access the underground portion of the site.
All children under the age of five are limited to the surface portion of the missile site and will not have access to the underground area.
The museum does not provide wheelchairs. If you need a wheelchair or scooter, please bring one with you.
For your safety, and for preservation purposes, there are some rules that visitors must follow.
- Guests unable to descend and ascend 55 star steps will be limited to the surface portion of the site and will not have access to the underground area.
- Tours are limited to 25 visitors per tour.
- Strollers, backpacks and other large bags/purses are prohibited and must be left in your vehicle. The museum does not provide storage for these items.
- For our family visitors with young children, one adult chaperon is required for every 2 children in your group who is 10 years old or younger. Children under the age of 5 will be limited to the surface portion of the missile site and will not have access to the underground area.
- Weapons are prohibited on all tours. Secure storage is available if you are traveling with a weapon.
- Food and beverages, except bottled water, are prohibited on the tours. Glass bottles and water with additives that include any food coloring are prohibited in the museum building and on the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside museum buildings or while on the tour. A smoking area is provided outside the museum.
- Walking shoes are required (no heels or flip flops please).
- Children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-commercial photography and video recording are permitted, although flash photography is prohibited. Commercial photography is not allowed without written permission. To arrange a commercial photo or video recording session, please contact the Museum Director at [email protected].
- The use of selfie sticks and tripods is prohibited throughout the museum and missile site.
- Animals, except for Service Animals, are not allowed in the museum buildings or on the missile site. If you are traveling with your pet, please see the Planning A Visit page.
For more information call (520) 625-7736 or send an email to [email protected]