Your Introduction to America’s Largest Land-Based Missile
Online Booking: Reservations may be made in advance for tour dates beginning April 1st. For March tour dates, reservations will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
On this tour, you’ll descend 35 feet into the underground missile complex. You’ll visit the launch control center and experience a simulated launch of the missile. Then you’ll journey down the cableway to level 2 of the missile silo to get an up-close look at the Titan II missile itself. Finally, you’ll stand on top of the launch duct and look down on the Titan II missile from above.
Requirements and Additional Information
One-Hour Guided Tours
The following visitors must use the elevator and will need to make an elevator reservation
- People with a mobility impairment that prevents them from being able to descend and ascend 55 stair steps
- People who use a wheelchair
- People who use a walker
- People who use a cane, crutches or walking stick
- People who are afraid of heights (the stairs are metal grates and you can see through them)
- People who have a service animal
- Parties with Children who are 4 years old or younger (the child and one adult must use the elevator)
Requirements and Accessibility
The Titan Missile Museum is an ADA compliant facility. Handicapped parking is available and all restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
For the daily one-hour guided tours , an elevator is usually available to access the underground portion of the missile site for those who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. The elevator has limited capacity and we encourage those who need the elevator to reserve its use in advance. Click here or call (520) 625-7736 to reserve your spot on the elevator for your tour.
The elevator may only make one trip underground per tour. Walkers, wheelchairs and scooters may further limit the number of people who can use the elevator on a tour. Tour operators and others arranging group tours must know how many people in the group will require the elevator and whether they will be using walkers, wheelchairs or scooters when they call to make their reservation.
Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must also use the elevator. You are encouraged to book online or call the museum and reserve the elevator in advance. The museum does not provide wheelchairs. If you need a wheelchair or scooter, please bring one with you.
For your safety, and for preservation purposes, there are some rules that visitors must follow.
- Tours are limited to 25 visitors per tour.
- Strollers, backpacks and other large bags/purses are prohibited on all tours and must be left in your vehicle. The museum does not provide storage for these items.
- For our family visitors with young children, one adult chaperon is required for every 2 children in your group who is 5 years old or younger. Baby “backpacks” and back slings cannot be used – babies and children must be carried in front. While on the tour, children who are old enough to walk but who are 5 years old or younger must hold the hand of an adult.
- Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must use the elevator. You can reserve the elevator in advance. See the link to the Accessibility page below.
- Weapons are prohibited on all tours. Secure storage is available if you are traveling with a weapon.
- Food and beverages, except bottled water, are prohibited on the tours. Glass bottles and water with additives that include any food coloring are prohibited in the museum building and on the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside museum buildings or while on the tour. A smoking area is provided outside the museum.
- Walking shoes are required (no heels or flip flops please).
- The underground portion of the missile site is accessed by a flight of 55 steps in the Access Portal. An elevator is also available for visitors who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. Space on the elevator is limited, so please plan ahead. See the Accessibility page for more information.
- Visitors accompanied by a service animal must use the elevator.
- Children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-commercial photography and video recording are permitted, although flash photography is prohibited. Commercial photography is not allowed without written permission. To arrange a commercial photo or video recording session, please contact the Museum Director at [email protected].
- The use of selfie sticks and tripods is prohibited throughout the museum and missile site.
- Animals, except for Service Animals, are not allowed in the museum buildings or on the missile site. If you are traveling with your pet, please see the Planning A Visit page.
For more information call (520) 625-7736 or send an email to [email protected]